Monday, February 27, 2012

Devyn's favorite: Pink Pancakes

Another pancake day favorite. 
Pink Pancakes. 


This is one that I originally found in the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook, Deceptively Delicious. I made some changes of course, I can never just leave a recipe alone. By request, (thanks Bree!), I am posting our version of the Pink Pancake. 


Here is my version: 
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup vanilla yogurt
  • 1/2 cup beet puree (I just buy a couple of cans of beets, puree in the food processor, and freeze pre-portioned bags so that they are ready to go when the "pink pancake" request is made)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 cups pancake mix (I use a boxed, whole wheat mix from the grocery store)
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • non-stick cooking spray
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil (or coconut oil)
  • powdered sugar (optional)

  1. In a blender or food processor, combine water, yogurt, beet puree, vanilla, and cinnamon.
  2. Pour blended mixture into a medium size bowl. Add pancake mix and applesauce. Stir to combine, but do not overmix. It will be a bit lumpy.
  3. Spray your pan, set temp to medium. Use your oil to coat your pan. Pour out your batter and cook until a few bubbles form. Flip. 
  4. Dusting of powdered sugar always scores extra brownie points with the family. Enjoy!

The end result is fantastic





No comments:

Post a Comment