Tuesday, May 8, 2012

No-Bake Baking with a 4 year old

So it seems as though Landon thinks he is all-knowing with the microwave these days.

We have busted him a few times. He will punch in a few numbers, push start and it's a go!

To my own surprise, he actually knows what he is doing. I figured that if he is going to start helping himself to the appliances, I might as well teach him about metal in the micro.  Nothing like a traumatizing experience to keep a future little chef out of the kitchen. Now that would be tragic.

Landon's project? Melting chocolate. In all honesty, we were actually working on a dessert when I busted him doing his microwave thang.  He had just jumped ahead of me while I was off doing other things. 

 No Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse
My go-to, whole wheat crust. If I were super ambitious I would make my own crust...but I'm not. :)
 Ingredients
  • 1 can of pumpkin 
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
  • 2-3 TBS honey
Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stopping to stir in between. Next pile all ingredients  into a food processor. Process until it is velvety smooth. Pour into a pie crust. Chill in the fridge for a few hours. 

Ready for the fridge. The longer it chills the better, as it will firm up nicely.

We do frozen cool whip. It kind of tastes like ice cream.

Perfect combo.

Kyle loved this pie. It's always good if you can pass the man test.

1 comment: