Monday, October 17, 2011

My favorite smoothie and my least favorite smoothie

My mom made us be the guinea pigs of 25 smoothies for a cook book she was making for the kid zone at the Dempsey Challenge. Here are some of my opinions.

I love smoothies but some of them I hate. My least favorite smoothie is called banana carrot smoothie(recipe to follow) I hated the texture. It felt so weird and gross on my tongue. I thought I was going to get sick. It wasn't just the texture, it was also the taste. It tasted like someone ate a carrot and then puked it up. It looked like carrot mush. Sorry mom!
BANANA CARROT SMOOTHIE
1 frozen banana
1 cup of apple juice
1-2 cups baby carrots or chopped carrots
1 cup Greek yogurt (or any yogurt you like)

My favorite smoothie is called orange creamsicle smoothie. (recipe to follow) It was to die for (as my memere would say) It felt like heaven on earth. No lie! I loooooooooooved it! The texture was so creamy and smooth. I loved the color. It was like an orangey peachy color. I loved everything that was in it. Thanks mom!
ORANGE CREAMSICLE SMOOTHIE
2 cups vanilla nonfat yogurt
2 cups orange juice
4 cups frozen mango chunks
2 tsp vanilla
ENJOY!
- Devyn

No comments:

Post a Comment